CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ne Discussion

Yes and I have same WIFI problems on S905X4 as @hillyu. So I thought I can test what you wanted. Sorry for bothering.

Hello,
Iā€™m french and i have problem with decoding unicode characters.
All skins reboots after a movie or tv show contains accentuated character.

According to the skinner:Not a skin issue. CoreELEC issue from what I can tell. The skin isnā€™t in charge of executing code for decoding unicode characters.

Here the logs.

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: Why does scp not work?

Donā€™t think it is a problem with CE, more a Kodi problem.

You likely have some files with filenames or paths or some other metadata that includes some emoji in it.

Some Python plugins you are using are not handling this properly and one of them is handling it in a way that causes Kodi to crash.

If you enable debug logging, your crash logs will contain information that can be used to determine which plugin is causing the crash.

1 Like

I have the same problem with versions 21.1 and 21.1.1 for 905x4_4G_1G, wifi speed is very slowly, less than 0.5MBPS.

With 21.0 wifi speed works fine, but I have display problems for 1080@24, playback is not smooth, therefore, neither of the two versions works for me.

I would like to find one like 21.1.1, but with the wifi issue fixed :slight_smile:

1 Like

Your right MoojMidge, the MovieDbHelper cause the skin reboots. Iā€™m in touch with the dev.
Thanks.

It may not be TMDbHelper. You should get a crash log from when your device crashes with the debug logging enabled to confirm.

1 Like

I also see the slow WiFi problem on 21.1.1.

Rolled back to 21.0 and back to normal.

S905w2
X98Pro

s4_s905w2_2g

All with issues with WiFi need to provide more log in detail:

When nobody is testing the nightly builds such items will happenā€¦

any specific test? which log file? thanks!

Were the logs useful here, or do you need something more from me?

What logs? There arenā€™t any like requestedā€¦

You requested a full log for the DoVi issue Iā€™ve had in that post, I then posted the link in post 31 :slightly_smiling_face:

I used AM6B, installed coreelec21 and it worked flawlessly, but when I automatically updated to 21.1 and 21.1.1 was, some videos didnā€™t play properly:
Avatar.The.Way.of.Water.2022.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.MP4.x265-DVSUX
John.Wick.Chapter.4.2023.2160p.WEB-DL.DDP5.1.Atmos.DV.MP4.x265-DVSUX
Long load, then black screen, only sound.
I tried downgrading them to coreelec21 and they played perfectly

No logs no problem, sorry

@MoojMidge
As you can see my discussion with the dev of the skin it appears not to be a problem with the skin or a plugin : [BUG] Skin Reboot with this plugin Ā· Issue #1241 Ā· jurialmunkey/plugin.video.themoviedb.helper Ā· GitHub
Log are in the discussion: kodi_crashlog_20240903082529.log
And i donā€™t have emoji in my filename.
If you have an idea ?

Your kodi crash in CVideoDatabase::GetUseAllExternalAudioForVideo by using CDVDFactoryInputStream::CreateInputStream.
Try again with clean install. When still happen try with Linux or Windows Kodi if same issue.

How about the DoVi issue (no signal during playback, works on AM6B+)? Thatā€™s something I canā€™t replicate on other OSs. Iā€™ll try a clean install nevertheless when I get home.

EDIT: so the DoVi playback issue occurs during the second start of the video when the actual playback gets on.

How about a test with a clean install?
https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_support

Has someone gotten Wake-on-LAN working with Kinhank G1 on the Wifi interface?

I enabled this in the CE adddon and it said it had updated the dtb.img file.

I tried both, wake from suspend and wake from power off. Both did not work here.