CoreELEC 21.1-Omega Amlogic-ne Discussion

It’s a dependency of DAZN that isn’t present initially; it installs when I install DAZN. The minimum version required is 0.5.x, and it installs version 0.6.x. I’m not sure what the issue could be since with CoreELEC 21.1.1 it works without any problems…

And another unrelated question I have is why I see two Wi-Fi networks, one wlan0 and the other p2p0. Which one should I choose?

Maybe try replacing non working DAZN addon in nightly
With working one from stable

Boot up stable version and through your Network navigate to CoreELEC addons folder :open_file_folder:

Now make a copy of DAZN and save to desktop/external media/usb drive etc.

Now boot up Latest Nightly
Network
CoreELEC addons folder :open_file_folder:
Remove DAZN
Replace with copy you made from stable

Reboot
Should be there now.
Go to your addons and enable DAZN

Maybe will work :thinking:

Or version of Inputstream adaptive has been updated since stable version release

The brogers.mkv, 4:3 with 960x720 is fixed by using the “old” single AV1 decoder. The resolution is just too small. When I fix the decoder memory allocate it does also work with the new front-back decoder but some picture distortion do happen. So better use single core decoder.

The second sample start playing but stop after a few frames. Need to check on other SoC as it also do not get better by using single core only.

EDIT: the second sample is also solved now. It contain such big frame packages (544kB) that the hardware buffer (512kB) did not accept it.

1 Like

Thank you for the confirmation (that it’s not just this AM8 Pro device that won’t work). Is the first one something that needs to be addressed via code or something that can be just configured? Such material is quite common with any old TV shows in my library.

I wonder if these cases are related to what was mentioned in one S905X4 thread not long ago (Report about Amlogic S905X4 HK1 RBOX X4 - #914 by presskopf). AV1 hardware decoding seems to have its teething issues.

A post was split to a new topic: Default skin, add more player info

Should this also be tested with something like a 4K encode of the same nasty HBO logo? It will definitely shoot bitrate through the roof. I can try and find something to work on if needed.

Sample with 4k resolution will work as it uses a bigger buffer anyway. It’s only for below 4k resolution.

1 Like

I’m giving up on this Wi-Fi fix version. I’ve kept the G7 Max 905x4 for myself and given my X96 Air 905x3 to my friend, as he will be using Wi-Fi, while I use a wired connection at home.

Here’s a bit more detail on the issues I encountered with this fix for the G7 Max, which made the Wi-Fi work again, as it did in version 21.0:

• I was unable to install DAZN without using the Input Stream Helper from a different repository. I finally managed to do it (this doesn’t happen with the stable 21.1.1).
  • Once everything was set up, when testing movies and IPTV, the playback wasn’t smooth, it was stuttering (this happened to me with both devices in 21.0 and 21.1, but was resolved in 21.1.1 for both the G7 Max and the X96 Air, both behaving the same).

I was very reluctant to switch from version 18, as it was completely stable for me. IPTV worked perfectly, playback was flawless, and everything was running smoothly. For me, versions 19, 20, and 21 (except for 21.1.1) had poor playback, and to make IPTV with Simple Client work, I had to enable timeshift, which wasn’t necessary with version 18.

The reason I switched to 21.1.1 was solely because of DAZN, which I subscribed to but couldn’t get to work on the older versions. Moreover, playback became stable and smooth again for me, with the only inconvenience being the need to enable timeshift for IPTV. Otherwise, everything was great, except for the Wi-Fi issue on the G7 Max that I got for my friend.

In summary, I’ve had to keep the G7 Max with a wired connection and gave my X96 Air, running the stable 21.1.1, to my friend, disabling updates so nothing breaks. I’m worried that an update might cause issues again with smooth playback.

can we please add the bitrate of a movie on the playerprocessinfo?

Its there. Visible only in mp4 files.
Also audio bitrate visible in non HD audio.

yeah, but now with all files please.

You can write that to the kodi devs. :slightly_smiling_face:
Its not depend of the skin…

Added a DEBUGinfo button to the OSD menu to display bitrate information for the video stream?

How it’s not depended of the skin, when the same bitrate info for all files is shown in default Estuary skin under Player Debug Info overlay? How is it possible to be displayed there and not in Player Process Info?

The debug info is not same as playerprocessinfo, from there you cannot pull the infos. Until today…

Don’t know what you can/cannot pull from debug info, but only notice that there are several same infos shown in both of this overlays…

You dont know, but I know. Not possible now.
Of course you can try.

OK, I’ll take your word on this :wink:

Then, to make thing easier for navigating with remote controls, could you add an icon to bring up “Player Debug Info” overlay, like you did for “Player Process Info” ?

2 Likes