Homatics Box R 4K Plus

It basically works as internal tuner.

1 Like

Hi!

Just to confirm that if you have Nokia 8010 Box you may request ATV12 upgrade to be forced for your box.
From the confirmation message it took couple of days and I was able to upgrade it from the ATV “system menu”.

I downloaded Nexus 20.3 stable version and installed it, Dolby Vision worked out of the box,

Thans for your hard work!

1 Like

Thats interesting. Homatics has beta fw for the beta testers, but no user version of atv12. @sebo Whats your fw version?

How did you do that (reguest ATV12 upgrade) ?

Do you know of a simple way to send “reboot update” when in Android TV ?

I tried Reboot to libreelec app but it doesn’t work on this device. Also I can’t seem to find any Terminal emulator that works correctly. I ended using adb shell reboot update but it’s pretty annoying as it needs a PC.

What do you guys use ?

Try

1 Like

Thank you vpeter ! That’s exactly what I was looking for :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can also use remote ADB shell on your phone connected to the box via network.

I use AVR connected to the homatics. Sometimes there is a delay in turning on the receiver before the homatics turns on. If the homatics turns on before the receiver, the screen remains black, and I hear the sound of the Kodi buttons without a screen. What is the solution?

Use lastest CE-21 nightly.

Yesterday i tried to update CE from popup windows after logging on CE (as i did many time before), but nothing happen after almost 1 hour. Is there any issue with online update?

Oh, i just try to download on my pc and saw it has very limited bandwidth, download spd is 1x KB/s, ~5hours to finish. Can anyone upload lastest nightly build to mirror site?

I have a question. In CE21 when I install InputStream Adaptive, NHL.TV addon doesnt work. When I disable ISA it works but no control over streaming quality. Usually this addon doesn’t work at all without ISA, but here it works only without ISA enabled. Is there any difference in regards playing HLS streams in CE21 vs others?
Thanks for any information. After all I’d like to use ISA as it offer control over buffering and stream quality selection.

Does the Nokia 8010 support HDMI-CEC out of the box in coreelec?
How does Android /coreelec work exactly in conjunction with each other? Is it a dual boot? Can I decide I want it to boot directly into coreelec?
Or will I delete the standard Android OS when I install coreelec?

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:homatics

https://wiki.coreelec.org/coreelec:ce_cec#cec_adapter

I did read those, but wouldn’t exactly say they answered my questions.

So, does Nokia 8010 have “BL301” injected for CEC functionality as my current N2+ apparently has?

And does the USB drive installer delete Android? If so, is it reversible? Or can it be dual bootable?

It will works in dual boot. When the usb3 pendrive present with CE system, the CoreElec will boot first. Android system remain untouched. Cec probably works as in the all other sei homatics boxes.
With reboot menu, you can choose reboot to android.

Aah so it’s not installed to the device, but permanently boots from a USB drive. And how much slower is that compared to an Odroid N2+ with emmc?

Ihavent that device, but the homatics boot quick, and run smooth. I dont think that , it will slower.
Choose last CE 21 NE nightly (beta3 current) and for the installation choose sei_280 dtb to rename. Use good quick usb3 pendrive.

Not quite the answer you seek, but comparison on N2 between eMMC vs (fast) USB stick is “only” 3 seconds longer boot from USB stick…

1 Like