Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Fel test coverted to P8 with DoVibaker. Converted all my Fel movies.

MKV

TS

I must admit that I haven’t done much research about different dolby vision modes.
But what you are saying with the examples of converting between different dolby vision profiles (using a PC, I guess), is that in case of DV files that are not completely supported by homatics devices and are converted on the fly by homatics (which has its drawbacks), that by converting these files to a different mode externally, the final image on the tv may be displayed by homatics the same way as it would have been displayed with another device that supports these original, unconverted DV files completely, without altering the original files?
I made a mess of a sentence there, but I hope you understand what I’m trying to figure out :slight_smile:

Yes, with dovibaker you can bake the fel layer into the base layer and get almost the same result. Also with the added benefit of playing on multiple devices.

1 Like

I don’t think it’s necessary to convert all FEL movies using the DoViBaker method due to how long it takes, and many simply don’t benefit from DoViBaker. I typically only consider DoViBaker’ing a movie if it has Expanded Brightness and also contains L2 Trims. Even then, I still only actually bother if the Expanded Brightness is significant and/or it’s a truly quality film.

Otherwise, it’s typically acceptable for modern displays to just generate new Dolby Vision metadata using the original Base Layer with Dolby’s CM_Analyze 5.4+, and the original scene cuts from the original Profile 7 RPU.

Is there a quick way to figure out which files are output by homatics not exactly the same way as they were intended?
Using the mediainfo app on the pc, we should check if the file has dolby vision profile 7, or there are more things to check for?

16 core cpu and this merge made things snappy

If you have the original Profile 7 FEL file, you can use DoVi_Scripts to compare the MEL vs FEL output for expanded brightness. You alternatively can typically judge it by comparing the BL’s MDL to the RPU’s MDL metadata. The last quick method is to compare the actual L1 plots (but this occasionally requires a discerning eye).

Hi guys,

Just got my beautiful Box R 4k Plus. I installed the latest nightly build of CoreELEC and everything went smooth and silk. THANK YOU SO MUCH to those who take part in the development.

couple of questions:

1. DoVi seems kind of dark… is there something that can be done to increase brightness ? my LG G3’s OLED and saturation are maxed out.

2. I also got the premium dune remote controller (IR), is there a way to make it work with CoreELEC ?

BTW: Logitech K400 Plus worked right out of the box. WOW.

Thanks again guys.

Happy holidays,

Josh.

1 Like

@Portisch anyway to use your own edid?

Not working yet. And no idea if ever as the EDID is need on early stage of driver load.

1 Like

This one? B25 remote… you can put the remote conf to your root of CE pendrive in pc
31etM1ZOwRL.AC_SY780
Here is the conf file.

I think this one… Premium remote…

1 Like

Yes. The premium remote.

i have this, but for other device
Dune-Sky-Plus-4K.toml (1.3 KB)
rc_maps.cfg (752 Bytes)
but i don’t know if work for Homatics

Hi guys,

A DoVi question - So I got the Homatics Box R 4K Plus. the DoVi profile is 8.1 / 8.4 (under player settings) using the latest CoreELEC nightly build.
my TV is a LG G3. I can’t seem to run dolby vision content if I choose 12bit TV output… the homatics is connected to a denon x4500h AVR… does it make sense, or is there something wrong with my configuration ?

In Coreelec settings enable use player led and bit depth on auto

It seams information when playing movie is broken if i use any skin.

Hey guys, silly question - for the best possible picture quality in Dolby Vision, should I choose Profile 8.1 MP or Profile 8.1 MP for profiles 5-7 movies ? and is it a good idea to choose loseless otherwise ?

Loseless will not work . Use 8.1.