Odroid N2 test builds

I don’t see anything in video 2. My idea is to make two identical videos scrolling movies. One with 1080p60 another one with 2160p60. Then maybe it will be possible to see the difference. Please fo new videos.

By cons, I see a problem more disturbing. It looks like the color depth is not the right one. The gradients are worse than on the S912.

Colordepth is set in testbuilds not in official builds. And it is correct.

1 Like

If I understand correctly, it will be corrected in the next update? :blush:

Colordepth is auto switched in my recent testbuilds. And it is working correctly now. Otherwise on other builds it stays 8bit all the time.

1 Like

Last question for today. I notice that when you change the source, Kodi does not pause the movie. While this was the case on before. Can we reactivate this?

I think this is a CEC setting. Look at peripherals settings.

1 Like

Indeed there is this parameter in “CEC adptater”, -> action to be executed during a change of source = pause. It was already set correctly. Strange. I will retest …

So by doing this test, I discovered yet another problem. You may already know it. The CEC command no longer works when Kodi goes to sleep. Kodi does not wake up, he is completely blocked.

It doesn’t wakeup because some other chinese AML box is jamming CEC line (my guess)

1 Like

Negative. the other box is totally disconnected. It looks like N2 goes off completely instead of staying in sleep.

Edit :

1. I confirm, when Kodi CEC sends the command “Standby”, N2 goes off completely. Which cuts the CEC communication.

2. And the command auto CEC “Pause” does not send any command.

CEC suspend and wake up works fine here. It looks like it completely power off because all leds turn off but it wakes up when tv turns on.

Not at my house. It does not turn back on. While it works well with the Beekink GT1. strange.

Works with my Sony but not my Samsung.

In my case, CEC Wakeup works even it was Shutdown. But (if N2 is the current input when TV was switched ON) I need to switch to other input and back.

It depends on your tv’s CEC implementation. On my tv doesn’t need to switch to other input and back, but if the current input is not the N2 then doesn’t wake up the N2. I have to select the N2’s source and then wakes it up.

Running a TX7 with LE 8.2.3.1
TvHeadend Server ONLY. Ethernet Hardwired.
PS3 DVB-T Twin Tuner.

Odroid N2
Amlogic-ng.arm-devel-1555398703

TVHeadend Client

I always use Ethernet but tested a new USB Wifi adapter with the N2.
Edimax AC 600 EW-7811 UAC
https://www.edimax.com/edimax/merchandise/merchandise_detail/data/edimax/in/wireless_adapters_ac600_dual-band/ew-7811uac/
Works great with everything streaming movies from my Network library and everything else.
TVH recordings which are on a hard drive attached to the TX7 Server play flawlessly.

Only issue i have is that using this adapter with TVHeadend Client Live TV Channels.

Every channel SD or HD will open and play for anywhere between 1 to 5 minutes

Then the Video / Audio locks up on one frame.
I have to stop the stream and restart it.
Again it will lock up .
Every time without fail it will definitely lock up.

I then fired up my Rock64 and with the same wifi adapter
No issues at all.
Enabled Debug Log On the Odroid N2
Kodi Log

System log

CEC wakeup works from suspend and poweroff. So even if it was off it would still wakeup. Disconnect other devices and try without avr directly.

Uboot on AML even in poweroff runs AO mode. AO is always on. Which keeps parts always powered. CEC is in AO.

Ive tested 3 remotes none of them can power on my n2. I have rather old tv which cant wake up n2 over cec. Please tell me if there is remote which can power on my device ? Thank you for help.

Original Odroid Remote (costs $4) can power on out of the box. But as I said it should work. When I test it does work.

Please give me an output of command above and what code and protocol in your config.ini?