Odroid N2 test builds

Hi Portisch,
I was testing CoreELEC nightly N2 build on Panasonic Plasma and Denon AVR-X2000 - both devices very old and faced problems reported above.
Now I have connected N2 to Panasonic OLED TV and Denon AVR-X2200 - TV is manufactured in 2018, AVR also quite new model and CEC works as it should, except one small issue: once N2 is restarted CEC is “switching on” after around 2-4 seconds and 4 buttons do not respond: Stop, Pause, Next (>>|) and Previous (|<<) but powering off and on TV while HDMI 2 (N2) is active source brings back those buttons functionalities. The same was with Odroid-C2 connected to old Plasma Panasonic and old Denon so I’m pretty sure it’s Panasonic issue.
Now I’m testing CoreELEC on N2 connected to Panasonic OLED TV and Denon AVR-X2200.
Discovered so far:

1. No video at all from some 4K files (for instance: Samsung Wonderland Two HDR UHD 4K Demo.ts)
    Video
    ID : 257 (0x101)
    Menu ID : 1 (0x1)
    Format : HEVC
    Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
    Commercial name : HDR10
    Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
    Codec ID : 36
    Duration : 2 min 9 s
    Width : 3 840 pixels
    Height : 2 160 pixels
    Display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Color space : YUV
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 10 bits
    Writing library : ATEME Titan File 3.7.9 (4.7.9.0)
    Color range : Limited
    Color primaries : BT.2020
    Transfer characteristics : PQ
    Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
    Mastering display color primaries : Display P3
    Mastering display luminance : min: 0.0500 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2

while some 4K videos are OK (for instance: Sony Mont Blanc HDR UHD 4K Demo.mp4)
Video
ID : 1
Format : HEVC
Format/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Commercial name : HDR10
Format profile : Main 10@L5.1@High
Codec ID : hvc1
Codec ID/Info : High Efficiency Video Coding
Duration : 1 min 28 s
Bit rate : 71.8 Mb/s
Width : 3 840 pixels
Height : 2 160 pixels
Frame rate mode : Constant
Frame rate : 50.000 FPS
Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0 (Type 2)
Bit depth : 10 bits
Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.173
Stream size : 753 MiB (100%)
Encoded date : UTC 2017-01-27 06:42:55
Tagged date : UTC 2017-01-27 06:42:55
Color range : Limited
Color primaries : BT.2020
Transfer characteristics : PQ
Matrix coefficients : BT.2020 non-constant
Mastering display color primaries : R: x=1.000000 y=1.000000, G: x=1.000000 y=1.000000, B: x=1.000000 y=1.000000, White point: x=1.000000 y=1.000000
Mastering display luminance : min: 0.1000 cd/m2, max: 1 cd/m2
Codec configuration box : hvcC

1. Distorted (something like in “slow motion”) voice on movies with Advanced Audio Codec
    Audio
    ID : 2
    Format : AAC LC SBR
    Format/Info : Advanced Audio Codec Low Complexity with Spectral Band Replication
    Commercial name : HE-AAC
    Format settings : Explicit
    Codec ID : A_AAC-2
    Duration : 40 min 42 s
    Bit rate : 217 kb/s
    Channel(s) : 6 channels
    Channel layout : C L R Ls Rs LFE
    Sampling rate : 48.0 kHz
    Frame rate : 23.438 FPS (2048 SPF)
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Delay relative to video : 23 ms
    Stream size : 63.1 MiB (12%)
    Language : English
    Default : Yes
    Forced : No

2. No video from SD content:
    Format : MPEG-4 Visual
    Format profile : Advanced Simple@L5
    Format settings : BVOP2
    Format settings, BVOP : 2
    Format settings, QPel : No
    Format settings, GMC : No warppoints
    Format settings, Matrix : Default (H.263)
    Muxing mode : Packed bitstream
    Codec ID : XVID
    Codec ID/Hint : XviD
    Duration : 1 h 36 min
    Bit rate : 1 995 kb/s
    Width : 720 pixels
    Height : 400 pixels
    Original display aspect ratio : 16:9
    Frame rate : 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
    Chroma subsampling : 4:2:0
    Bit depth : 8 bits
    Scan type : Progressive
    Compression mode : Lossy
    Bits/(Pixel*Frame) : 0.289
    Stream size : 1.34 GiB (88%)
    Writing library : XviD 64

Before Odroid-N2 I used to use Minix_NEO U9-H running LibreELEC-S912.arm-8.2.4.1.force.444.10bit available on https://github.com/wrxtasy/LibreELEC.tv/releases/tag/8.2.4.1 and there were no problems reported above.
Are those issues known for devs or should I collect some logs for troubleshooting?

Please explain “No video”. Do you have no signal or just a black screen, but the OSD still working?
If you have no signal, SSH to the box, and run the dispinfo command while playing the video and having “no signal”. Then post the links here.
Also, connect the box directly to the TV and check again. If you still get no signal, post dispinfo logs too.
Regarding AAC audio. LPCM passthrough is currently not supported.
In Audio settings, you need to set your channels to 2.0. If you want to passthrough AAC, make sure you enable AC3 transcoding.

And of course post samples of the problematic content.

1 Like

No video = no signal… but the root cause of that was AVR setting - it was I/P Scaler = “Off” Once I have changed that to “HDMI” 4K/HDR content is properly displayed. Again: it is different behavior that was when I was using Minix_NEO U9-H. I’m pretty sure it was I/P Scaler always “Off” and with that setting there were no problem with 4K/HDR.
Tomorrow morning I will check your suggestion regarding settings that allow me to get correct output of AAC audio. But as I understand that is something what will be corrected, right?
Thanks for your support.

The problem with audio formats like AAC and FLAC is that you can’t bitstream them. They have to be decoded by Kodi and then sent as multichannel PCM signal to the AVR.
At this stage multichannel PCM support is not implemented in the 4.9 kernel.
I believe that there is a dev at HK who is working on adding support for it, so hopefully it will be available sometime in the future.
But for now, a workaround to get such formats in surround out to the AVR is to have channels set to 2.0 and enabling the AC3 transcode option.

2 Likes

We’ve gone into stabilization phase. There will be no new N2 nightlies for about a week.
If anyone has been sitting on “show stopper” issues with the N2, please let us know ASAP.

This issue is still outstanding, and has been for a while now.

USB3 issues are debugged on odroid forum by Hardkernel afaik. I haven’t really looked into it to be frank.

OK, Thanks @Ray

Bluetooth auto connect after reboot or suspend isn’t working for me, when going to CE bluetooth settings Harmony Hub and CE is paired with a star icon but I have to manually choose connect and instantly the remote is working again, this was working with build 5/29 and earlier.

1 Like

iirc there was a change/fix for bluetooth by @Portisch.

But for external modules like QCA9377. And the fix was only of a not opened hciuart connection. I don’t think this is the reason. We had a kernel BSP jump to .177 at this days so I guess there is the reason. Paste a dmesg|paste link. Maybe we see something there. Make also a log with the 05/29 version where it is working.

http://ix.io/1LcE

Where can I find earlier nightly version?

I don’t know whats going on… Once I have connected N2 to Denon AVR and OLED TV CEC was working but today when I rebooted N2 for latest nightly update CEC stopped working completely. Whatever I do: reboot N2, off/on TV when HDMI 2 is the active source, off/on TV when TV is the active source, off/on AVR, unplug/plug HDMI from N2, off/on TV while watching anything on Kodi, etc. CEC is not starting :frowning:
Attaching lines containing DEBUG: CecLogMessage from kodi.log…CEC Panasonic OLED-LibeELEC 20190608 nightly.txt (22.1 KB)

dmesg log with cec_dbg set to 1 please :slight_smile:

echo 1 > /sys/class/aocec/dbg_en

Here: http://coreelec.pokey.de/

1 Like

Reverting back to build 5/29 makes bluetooth auto connect again.

Did you try 5/30 and 5/31? Do they exhibit the same problem as later builds?

Please make a dmesg|paste log again with the old version. And try one after one nightly until it stop working.

Guys, I’m trying my best but as I’m not technician I need more information what should I do.
Are those steps correct?

1. Enable “Enable debug logging”
  2. Enable “Enable component-specific logging…” and select “Verbose logging for the libCEC library”
  3. Run the command “echo 1 > /sys/class/aocec/dbg_en” in SSH
  4. Restart N2 while TV and AVR is on
  5. Check if CEC is working by pressing remote’s buttons
  6. Paste kodi.log

If so, then kodi-N2.log is collected with the steps above. Also at 12:50 I have switched off TV and then switched it on again.
kodi-N2.log (151.1 KB)

kodi-C2.log is collected with the same steps. CEC works perfectly.
kodi-C2.log (138.0 KB)

Sorry. Please don’t restart your device between commands because the command will be reverted after boot.

You need to ssh then execute the command above.
Then you type:

systemctl restart kodi
This will restart Kodi only

Try if your CEC is broken. If it is type:

dmesg|paste
Post the url that will output here.

I don’t need C2 logs btw.