[S922X] X88 King

Also in CE 9.2.3 is not possible turn on the box with remote from a suspend or a turn off mode (bl301 dont have compatible mode for this device). Also is missing support for vfd in DTB. I thing that is similary as A95X R2 vfd.conf (1.3 KB) , but maybe dtb dont have necessary commands.

It was not successfuly. I dont have any “mode” for this model, and also in android now IR remote wake-up going only from sleeping, and not from turn off.

Then I guess it’s best you read before everything carefully.

So i prepared also devie tree from sys/firmware, but it is really chinesse device:x88king042020-tree.zip (621.7 KB)

Devices with last firmware from april 2020 not have functional ethernet. [S922X] X88 King

so, then downgrade it. Sure it isn’t another revision of the box? Maybe @anon88919003 can help you if you take the time.

So, i tried. After downgrade to base firmware of others (31.10.2019) i dont had wi-fi and also eth. It was terrible adventure. After upgrade to last customized rom from Slimbox, i had functional wi-fi, eth, and also FIRST TIME also eth with dhcp under android ! This man had also functional front vfd. Please grab to coreeelec him version of eth setting (under this android have eth 2 ip adress with set 24 for my case of network prefix length) and also vfd. Thank you :wink: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1xo5uoxBc-8FOHw9t2TIIT-5Se9kGH6Mz/view

It have usually eth Realtek RTL8211F ? Because i have transmitter chip SG24002 SUR1935

It looks like your device has 100mbit ethernet, built into the SoC.
All of the S905X2/3 and S922X devices I’ve seen use a Realtek RTL8211F.
Another thing to check is on the other side of the PCB, maybe the chip is there.

In customized and originale android is going 1 gbit. I found only one picture of this box, and was same chip, but in decription was RTL8211F (in russia websites with for me not understood azbuka).

SG24002 SUR1935 is the ethernet transformer, not the PHY IC. Check on the other pcb side in this area for the ethernet PHY:
grafik

Second side is empty in this area.

Then it’s confirmed that this box uses the 10/100M Ethernet PHY of the S922…

There are some boxes out there what are marked with gigabit ethernet. If it is not working, please try the non _1gbit dtb file matching to your SoC (S922X, S905X2,…). When you have then a working 100Mbit LAN connection the device do not have a gigabit SoC assembled.

I’m not 100% sure.
Look the the bottom right of the heatsink. Looks like part of a realtek logo.

It certainly looks like half of Realtek logo

Ok, i installed Device info HW to custumized rom from Slimhouse, where is going also dhcp on eth. It is

RTL8211F_Gigabit_Ethernet.

Yesterday i tested last coreelec night from 15. June 2020. Ethernet is not going like in stable build also.

If you do not find this SoC on your board you have only 100Mbit. Android may cheat the HW output.
The one empty place is maybe for the RTL8211F SoC. But I currently checked our dtb’s and it looks like there is no generic S922X dtb for internal 100Mbit ethernet. What dtb you currently using?
Can you please post the ouput of:
cat /proc/cpuinfo | grep Serial
Or take a look to System Information -> Hardware. There is also the serial. I will need the first 4 chars like 290a....

The SUR1935 is only for decouple LAN network from the device and is needed even without RTL8211F.