Sbc banana pi bpi-m5

Hi, I wish to run CoreELEC 19.1-Matrix on my BPI-M5, Sinovoip just mod a 9.2 version and posted it in their web site. The BPI-M5 SBC is based on Amlogic S905X3 with 16GB emmc an 4GB LPDDR4. ¿Could anyone helpme whith this matter?

Unfortunately the banana pi is not supported nor it supports CoreELEC. They decided to launch an image on their own so I don’t think you’ll have any luck here. You can go to their forum, to the topic where they promise to support CoreELEC and ask how’s that going.

1 Like

CoreELEC

• 2020-12-10 release, This’s a sample build of CoreELEC, may be Bananapi M5 will be officially supported by CoreELEC in the future.

I test that version and works well but it’s 9.2 version. There’s some way to test the last release on BPI-M5?

Ask the manufacturer? As you can see they are not really cooperative.

I’m trying to test the image for Banana Pi M5 (CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-19.2-Matrix Rc2-Generic) and it wont boot. I copied the right dtb file for M5 SBC to the root folder and rename by dtb.img but it still won’t boot. Can you helpme with this issue?

You need to flash the latest Android image and install “Reboot to LibreELEC” from Play Store.
Then it reboots into CoreELEC.

I found other way in case the emmc is blank. I flash the BPI-M5 bootloader and copy CoreElec image partitions to SD card. Lastly I copied boot.ini file to the COREELEC partition and modify boot.ini file parameters according to cfgload file.

Very complicated and not correct way.

Just flash Banana Pi Android image with USB burning tool to the eMMC.

Download CoreELEC generic img.gz, extract it and write it to uSD. Place correct dtb.img on COREELEC partition. Boot Android and use the reboot to Libreelec app once to boot into CE on the insert uSD.

Changes on boot.ini are lost on the first update, so the device will not boot anymore.

The thing is that I use eMMC for a custom linux distro, for me is complicated using eMMC just for Android or install Android every time that I want to use CoreElec.

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.