CoreELEC 19.2-Matrix_rc2 Discussion

No.
/etc/fstab is always empty.

For mounting /flash: can you reboot and then try to remount it?

mount -o remount,rw /flash

@vpeter after reboot it worked, thanks

You have what they call a false positive. The scanner you’re using can be turned off for x amount of time or until next reboot. Right click on the tray icon to do so.

The Timeshift Progress Bar has moved from the bottom to the top of the screen. See below:

Only has just happened, so maybe related to upgrading to Matrix.

Any ideas on how to move it back to the bottom of the screen?

TIA

I changed with modifying skin. You need to copy skin from /usr to /storage (in ssh console).

cp -r /usr/share/kodi/addons/skin.estuary /storage/.kodi/addons

and then edit files under /storage/.kodi/addons/skin.estuary/xml

disable mini seek bar on top and use regular seekbar
on bottom with fullscreen info
remove background when no info plot available

--- a/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml	2020-12-08 19:48:44.667379800 +0100
+++ b/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Custom_1109_TopBarOverlay.xml	2020-12-08 19:49:19.914593200 +0100
@@ -7,7 +7,7 @@
 	<zorder>0</zorder>
 	<controls>
 		<control type="group">
-			<visible>![Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide)] + [!String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.Paused]</visible>
+			<visible>no</visible>
 			<control type="image">
 				<left>0</left>
 				<top>0</top>
@@ -144,7 +144,7 @@
 			</control>
 		</control>
 		<control type="group">
-			<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide) + ![Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.Paused]</visible>
+			<visible>!Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide) + ![Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.Paused]</visible>
 			<depth>DepthBars</depth>
 			<control type="image">
 				<left>0</left>
--- a/addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogSeekBar.xml	2020-12-08 19:48:44.663380000 +0100
+++ b/addons/skin.estuary/xml/DialogSeekBar.xml	2020-12-08 19:49:53.036702600 +0100
@@ -10,7 +10,7 @@
 		<include>PVRChannelNumberInput</include>
 		<control type="group">
 			<animation effect="slide" start="0,200" end="0,0" time="300" tween="cubic" easing="out">VisibleChange</animation>
-			<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide) | ![!String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.Paused]</visible>
+			<visible>!Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide) | ![!String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) | Player.Seeking | Player.DisplayAfterSeek | Player.Forwarding | Player.Rewinding | Player.Paused]</visible>
 			<visible>!Player.HasGame</visible>
 			<bottom>0</bottom>
 			<height>190</height>
@@ -328,6 +328,7 @@
 			</control>
 		</control>
 		<control type="group">
+			<visible>!String.IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Tagline) | !String.IsEmpty(VideoPlayer.Plot)</visible>
 			<visible>!Window.IsVisible(playerprocessinfo)</visible>
 			<visible>[Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo)] + !VideoPlayer.Content(LiveTV) + Window.IsActive(fullscreenvideo)</visible>
 			<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | !Player.Seeking | !Player.DisplayAfterSeek | !Player.Forwarding | !Player.Rewinding | !Player.Paused</visible>
--- a/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Includes_PVR.xml	2020-12-08 19:48:44.667379800 +0100
+++ b/addons/skin.estuary/xml/Includes_PVR.xml	2020-12-08 19:50:39.444961500 +0100
@@ -107,7 +107,7 @@
 			<visible>!Player.ChannelPreviewActive</visible>
 			<control type="group">
 				<visible>Player.SeekEnabled | VideoPlayer.HasEPG</visible>
-				<visible>Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide)</visible>
+				<visible>!Player.ShowInfo | Window.IsActive(fullscreeninfo) | Player.ShowTime | Window.IsActive(videoosd) | Window.IsActive(musicosd) | Window.IsActive(playerprocessinfo) | !String.IsEmpty(Player.SeekNumeric) | !String.IsEmpty(PVR.ChannelNumberInput) | Window.IsActive(pvrosdchannels) | Window.IsActive(pvrchannelguide)</visible>
 				<control type="label">
 					<top>22</top>
 					<right>20</right>
1 Like

Thanks, will check this out.

So is this change, placing the Timeshift Bar on the top, something that happened with Matrix?

Also, would not making this change as you suggested mean I would have to do it every time estuary’s version changed?

TIA

Yes and yes. But second yes is not that important because you will probbably not notice any change there.

1 Like

@vpeter Thank you. :smiley:

How to output the processor temperature in the player?

Sorry if I am going to hijack the thread, but I am a bit lost and maybe you can help me and point me to the right place.
I have an X96 max + that was working perfectly with CE 9.x; since when I upgraded to 19, I am having problems with HEVC: in a random way HEVC videos (both 4k and 1080) either freeze or are scrambled. Audio works fine, but video not. Sometimes a reboot fixes it for some days, but then again.
I tried checking the logs and changing all the possible related settings, I tried enabling or disabling bl301, but it is completely random and I can’t find the reason.
Of course I already tried a fresh install, but nothing.

I know that most probably this is not the right thread, but, as I said, be patient with me and point me in the right direction (either another thread or some wiki page)

We need logs

Sure thing. As soon as it will happen again I will upload logs, maybe opening a new topic

Hi,
I just did a fresh install of the RC2 NG on an Mini M8S II with very mixed results. I does run smoothly BUT there are quite many reboots or hangups when booting. The CPU/GPU temps keep rising into the high 80° Celcius when scanning which then in turn cause reboots as well. Media file/codec compatibility seems to be generally better but watching a long movie might be an issue considering the rising temps. I will try to see if choosing any other mode than performance will improve this and what cost that improvement will come at. So far not ready for every day use.

Thanks for your hard work

Regards

Nana

Hi nanashikun! Welcome to the forum.

As a start you will likely get more joy setting your box’s performance settings to on-demand, though that may only make a small improvement. From my own experience, I’ve found that the greater thermal improvements are achieved by performing some case and heatsink modifications (like actually adding a proper heatsink).

You can draw inspiration from other daring community member’s exploits in this thread:

Even minor mods to airflow can make a noticeable improvement. The unfortunate reality is that it seems that with a lot of boxes, thermal considerations were not a high priority.

Best of luck!

Hi Kshi,
thanks for your reply. I will look into that but this box was running coreelec prior to 19.2 for years without thermal issues so it might be neccessary now but the question is why the new release needs so much more CPU power than previous releases.

Greetings

I’m not too sure of the reasons why. That said, the box I’ve performed my bush-league thermal mods to is an S905x as well. After updating to CE 19, my box did run noticeably warmer. I was advised to switch the governor to on-demand, which made a modest reduction in temperature.

I’m curious, is your box is an S905x? Also, before updating to CE 19, did you update your bootloader to one from Android 7.1 or greater? 80°C will cause the CPU to throttle, but hasn’t in my experienced caused random lockups and reboots as you’ve described. However, having an Android 6 bootloader (the that would likely have come with your box if it is in fact an S905x), sounds like a more likely culprit for the random reboots/lockups.

The command will copy the skin.estuary directory to the addons directory.

If you’re asking about the skin.estuary sub-directories then yes you need to copy them.

You need ALL the files even if not making changes to them.

I understood everything, I made a little mistake, other folders from the addons directory were not copied, I looked badly, I’m sorry.
P.S. It was a stupid question, maybe I drank too much beer.