CoreELEC 19 Matrix Discussion (Kodi RC)

I’ll keep this in mind in case it goes belly-up. It hasn’t yet and I am trying :wink:

Been testing for a few days on my N2, I went upgrade path first rather than a fresh install as reading through this thread I thought it was worth testing as most people have gone fresh install, which I plan to do when the version is finalised.

I have noticed a couple of things, firstly the picture didn’t “look right” on first boot, pinned it down to having 4:2:2 colour enabled as it worked better on my LG tv on the older versions. This may now be a depreciated option with the newer version.

Secondly I am finding reboot is very slow.

Finally huge thanks for whoever upgraded the library that accesses “older” wmv files (always a problem on Linux) tested a few and surprisingly the seeking actually works now.

Finally whats with the

You should be more clear about this. Can you stop kodi from ssh console if also takes long time?

systemctl stop kodi

and then post url for kodi log

paste /storage/.kodi/temp/kodi.log

To restart kodi use

systemctl start kodi

The green screen issue has resurfaced in mine H96 max s905x3.

On the Odroid N2 I still cannot complete a back up through the CoreELEC settings addon. It dies between 48% and 50% The N2 doesn’t crash but Kodi does. This is still happeni9ng in the 12/24 nightly.
Now, my main curiosity is whether this is a flaw in the set up or an issue with the add on.

It works fine in the 12/24 nightly on my S905X2 box and restores correctly too.

Sorry I posted one when I originally had the issue.

Dispinfo

http://ix.io/2Jrq

Crash Log

Thanks for info. Failed again for me. I’ve got a C4 coming next week. I might try it on that.

You have a .config/autostart.sh? Can you remove/rename it and try again to make a log?

@Portisch - can you clarify for me if I need to update petitboot if I’m not using petitboot to start CE? I have the switch in the eMMC position and my N2+ boots CE 18 from the eMMC or CE 19 from the micro SD card if I have it inserted. I’m on an October version of petitboot at the moment. I’ve had issues with later versions as they don’t seem to display properly on my TV, so I don’t want to update unless absolutely necessary.

Don’t update yet since it doesn’t work with emmc. But since your not actually using the petitboot it wont matter either way. Until Odroid resolve the bug they introduced into the last two updates to petitboot CE will ensure that everything works with the October versions.

Shoog

2 Likes

I don’t use autostart.sh, I deleted it anyway (it was blank). I checked config.ini and resolution.ini and they were vanilla, virtually blank (config.ini’s only entry was cec=27) rebooted and got this:

http://ix.io/2Juw

Thx

When you say fresh install recommended, is freah install + load backup settings ok, or it must be everything from scratch?

vpeter. I managed to pin down the fault last night, turns out its not from CoreELEC it was from the very useful A4KSubtitles addon version 1.8.0 moment I uninstalled everything started working again but by the look of things the developer already knows there is an issue and is working on it

2 Likes

Informational only. Do not replicate unless you know how to unbrick your device.

CoreELEC 19 Matrix Beta 2 nightly 20201225 is running stable from eMMC in dual boot mode with Android on TaNiX TX5 Deluxe Edition.

Restoring from backup will not work. Matrix will disable all Leia addons.
Best approach: install from scratch.

Anyone have green issue? Because I have green screen issue in the start I overcome this problem but my kiddies not ready to overcome this problem that’s why I went back to stable version 9.25. Thanks all. Merry Christmas.

You maybe try to update your Android to the newest available version?

You have these settings?
1080p60hz,444,8bit

Got a green screen the other day … I had not plugged in the HDMI cable from TV to box, and when I did (after CE had begun booting) all I got was a nice plain Green TV screen.