CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha1 (pre-release)

Netflix is ​​working.

2 Likes

Yeah, can confirm it too! :slight_smile: Good job team <3

ceemmc tool on latest release seems to doesn’t work.

https://paste.kodi.tv/cojijufoda

After it, nothing happens. Just booting in previous installation.

#edit
I was able to install it by using ceemmc tool on previous release from 07 and then update it on single boot.

#edit2
This errors also is presents on latest Nightly 19.2

@nfm886 can you please make a log by: dmesg | paste
Or if no SSH connection is available please upload the debug logs:

Currently we have no idea what could be wrong and we will need a bit of help from your side to fix the issue.

SSH works. Everything seems to work just fine except this, it does not install it on single boot.
http://ix.io/3wxJ
Hope this helps.
As I said, latest 19.2 nightly is affected too.
Device: Beelink GT-King

What Android firmware version you use on the device?

None. Only CoreELEC. But latest firmware I had on this device was 915P0_WOL I believe.

ceemmc tool does work with CE19 rc3. Only nightly builds 20210818 and later are affected. Issue is identified with util-linux package bump and will be fixed in next nightly.

4 Likes

Hey,
Did something changed with latest release of CE20 related to Font engine?
I’m using Inter font with my skin Cosmic and it looks like some letters are swapped.
It does not matter what language I’m using also I tried test ISO and Windows characters.
If I’m correct, I did not saw that issue with previous release.
“Arial based” font is working properly.

#edit
Sorry, previous release is affected too.
This is how it looks:

Yes, there were some changes. Can you describe the issue little more in detail and make screenshots to compare? Also write which font have the problem and which not. And upload this font somewhere so it can be tested.

Hmm…
Basically font is displayed OK, problem is with letters. They are swapped so for example instead of Timezone it says TimeWone
I can’t describe it better^^
Made some photos so it will describe it better than my poor English, please take a look:

Notice that, I also included 2 photos of properly displayed fonts “Arial Unicode” and “Arial based”.

You can test it quicker by installing my skin Cosmic or test it using only these fonts:
fonts.zip (564,0 KB)

You can also download latest release of Inter font: https://github.com/rsms/inter
But it is behave the same, just different letters are swapped.

Is it something I should change in my skin to make it displayed properly? If so, please tell me. I want to make this skin fully compatible with Kodi 20. I tried to look into kodi’s forum to see changes made to it but no luck. Thanks

Release 19.2-Matrix_rc3 also have this issue? Just to be sure.

Also does it happen on Windows too? Or this is just CoreELEC issue?

No. Looks to me like 19.2 is free from this issue. Currently using CE 19.2 Nightly and did not notice it.
Just tested on Windows and latest nightly K20 is affected too, so it looks like Kodi issue:

note that instead of : there is P

I think the problem is with your font. When I copied one ttf font to Arial.ttf it doesn’t work when selected as Arial based.

But because it works with previous Kodi versions it could be related to https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/19765

Maybe you could open an issue on Kodi.

Is there any limitations now what font I should pick?
I mean, if this font does not works properly, there may be more fonts affected.
I will open an issue on Kodi GH.

1 Like

In theory every font should work. I also install it on Windows and all characters are shown properly. Seems something is going wrong with Kodi handling.

z is shown fine but Z is not.

1 Like

Thanks. Just opened an issue: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/issues/20130
Hope it will help and issue will be solved. We should be able to use any *.ttf font imho :slight_smile:

1 Like

Apologies for the previous post on audio passthrough, it’s actually DD transcoding that’s not working. Played around with it but can’t get it to work as per Matrix. Can’t see any settings out of place so must be a bug. Can anyone else confirm?

G’day Portisch,
I have tried to compile the CoreELEC 20.0-Nexus_alpha1 but get a fail in the openssl tools. I compile by:

git checkout coreelec-20
PROJECT=Amlogic-ce ARCH=arm make image

and end up with the error:

make[1]: Entering directory ‘/media/paul/1TB/CoreELEC/build.CoreELEC-Amlogic-ng.arm-20/build/u-boot-tools-2021.10’
scripts/kconfig/conf --syncconfig Kconfig
CFG u-boot.cfg
GEN include/autoconf.mk.dep
CFG spl/u-boot.cfg
GEN include/autoconf.mk
GEN spl/include/autoconf.mk
UPD include/generated/timestamp_autogenerated.h
HOSTCC tools/mkenvimage.o
HOSTCC tools/aisimage.o
HOSTCC tools/atmelimage.o
HOSTCC tools/fit_common.o
HOSTCC tools/fit_image.o
HOSTCC tools/image-host.o
HOSTCC tools/common/image-fit.o
HOSTCC tools/image-sig-host.o
In file included from tools/atmelimage.c:10:
include/image.h:1178:12: fatal error: openssl/evp.h: No such file or directory
1178 | # include <openssl/evp.h>
| ^~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
compilation terminated.

I presume that my system is either missing a development tool, or has the wrong version.
I also thought the correct tools should be downloaded from ‘git pull’ from the repository.
I may be (probably am) wrong. If it’s helpful to your project, could you please let me know where the issue lies,
regards
Paul

Thank you. It is fixed in the latest code sync.