Homatics Box R 4K Plus

Hi to all,
newbie in ce, I just installed last nightly build on R+ and I’d need some help to achieve its configuration:
.is there a specific file for B25 remote (big/premium one) or should I proceed with the B21 one ?
.same issue with Input Stream Adaptive as in Kodi (I solved installing version before 23/03/2023), how to fix it in ce, so IPTV Simple Client works ?
Many thanks

So again, thanks for the team, great work!
And thanks for the users also to helped with that! :sunglasses::+1:

1 Like

Thank you team. Great great work

1 Like

Profile 7, 4k, FEL, converted to minimal EL,good job,thanks CE team!

What message do you get when trying to install inputstream adaptive? If the problem is with inputstream helper you can use the test version found here:

MEL conversion is not recommended (by quietvoid and me) it messes up the colors in the video. You will no longer get an accurate representation.

Sorry for asking, I just abandon this installation try, not a single ssh command worked (deprecated, many other errors), I’m moving back to kodi under atv11 with remote and iptv working… many thanks!

Add file and reboot

The B21 remote was added to local keyboard file so only pairing is needed in next release. You can reach pairing using CEC or plugging in a keyboard/mouse.

To pair the remote control: On the remote press and hold the “Home” and “Back” keys together for about 4 seconds until you see the remote’s LED blinking.

Excited but a little confused by this. Can you tell us what is the preferred (in ranked-order of quality) of what should happen when a DV HDR profile 7 (BL+FEL+RPU).mkv file is encountered?

Lossless: Don't modify the RPU
Minimal EL: Converts the RPU to be MEL compatible

Profile 8.1: Converts the RPU to be profile 8.1 compatible. Both luma and chroma mapping curves are set to no-op. This mode handles source profiles 5, 7 and 8.

Profile 8.1 MP: Converts to profile 8.1 preserving luma and chroma mapping. Old mode 2 behaviour.

and will this be automatic or can it be set to fallback to the preferred DV profile?

Also, will HDR10Plus & HLG HDR also be supported?

“Also, will HDR10Plus & HLG HDR also be supported?” - yes, all HDR formats are supported.

2 Likes

The preferred method is to leave it at default, which is Profile 8.1.
We want to let users have full control over their devices, but understand that it can sometimes be a double edged sword, as it can get a bit confusing or complicated.

You say installing CE on the eMMC “partially destroys” the pre-installed Android instance. Does it leave the DV HDR bits alone so that CE can play DV HDR? I’d like to install CE directly onto the eMMC and never use Android (or at least none of the userland Android.)

Another question. Will we be able to select between Display-led or LLDV on the Homatics Box R 4K Plus with CE 21.x when DV HDR is ready for release?

1 Like

Happy to play the waiting game on this, but general question, is this box currently quite buggy in its operation? I have plans to grab one if they ever introduce an Australian power plug option hence not fussed with waiting till there’s some stability there.

Does it matter which box you buy,I can get the Nokia 8010 for £99 vs homatics £150,and congratulations corelecc team great job

1 Like

Tested. Dovi works very well. Also HDR10+ and HDR HLG.

Congratulations Coreelec Team. Bravissimi.
:smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Thanks Team

The type of DV support is detected by the kernel automatically.
Is there a reason you’d want this to be optional?

@sammutd88 The box is fine, what may affect stability is that CoreELEC is based on Kodi Omega, which is still in alpha stage. In my limited experience with it so far, it has been pretty good so far.

@Hash70 I think it shouldn’t matter, as long as DoVi is available on the Nokia it should work.
But I would add a disclaimer that we can’t tell you with 100% certainty that it’ll work until somebody tries it.

Latest nightly build is now available with DoVi support:
https://relkai.coreelec.org/?dir=Amlogic-ne/ce-21

1 Like