Homatics Box R 4K Plus

as you a ce team, can s922x install ne(DV) in future?

Hi,
somebody else is using the player besides me with SPDIF passtrough on optical/toslink plug? I have an older receiver but non HD sounds enough for me. My receiver (Yamaha RX-V1300) is Dolby Digital/DTS capable.
The problem is: i have sound drops randomly (every 5-10 minutes) if i connect directly the receiver to the Homatics player. If i pass the signal through TV i have no drops.
Homatics player passthrogh SPDIF optical → Receiver / random drops
Homatics player passthrogh HDMI → LG oled passthrough SPDIF toslink → Receiver / no drops

The issue of wrong colour subsampling/depth on DV → non DV without stop media between should be solved with tomorrow nightly.

1 Like

@Portisch Great to see all the bugs getting squashed on by one.

All we need now is a kernel update to be able to use two decoders lol.

Btw, is there a way to get the Dune remote control working in CoreELEC?

EDIT: Never mind, managed to pair the Dune remote using bluetooth :slight_smile:

And also, could you please explain the differences between the various DV conversion options?

Thanks for all the amazing development you guys are doing!

I’d like to ask what’s the status of inputstream adaptive for CE21? NHL.TV addon can’t play streams and in log there are 403-Forbidden errors. On same box with CE20 it does work. Credentials are ok.

Please excuse me if my question is too general for this topic or if that’s considered common knowledge, but I’m willing to understand and the Homatics Box R 4K Plus seems like a good example for this.

So, in the Homatics webpage Q&A section I found several answers that the Homatics Box R 4K Plus doesn’t passthrough DTS MA, but when using Kodi app (or coreELEC), the full DTS MA signal (not only DTS core) can actually be passed to the receiver?

So, am I safe to think that Kodi has its own driver for the lossless audio formats (Dolby true HD, DTS MA) and is not dependent on specific hardware for their passthrough to the receiver?
(unlike dolby vision, for which hardware support is mandatory, as I understand?)

Not in Kodi under ATV (or any other app), but in CoreElec, yes.

Alright, thanks, so coreELEC is the one that implements lossless audio formats support for devices that otherwise don’t support them (not Kodi app), and Homatics Box R 4K Plus is the only device that has coreELEC and dolby vision capabilities?

As in, not yet. It could be coming in the future (lossless), but at this moment, not supported under the current Android TV 11 OS build (also not with the latest beta).

Regarding the Homatics Plus. There are equal devices with the same SEI804 code, but they are not all exactly the same. For now, the Homatics R Plus, the Dune version and the Nokia 8010 gives the most options. The Rocktek R2 has a different Ethernet solution, that seems not solved at this moment.
But correct me if I’m wrong on this.

Edit: also solved for the Rocktek. Nice.

1 Like

What do you mean - dolby vision or lossless audio?

All lossless audio codes

So currently, TrueHD and DTS MA are not passed through with coreELEC on Homatics Box R 4K Plus?

With CoreElec, all of them just fine… TrueHD also under Android TV (with some problems)

1 Like

Well thanks, that clears things up a bit.
And running CoreELEC on a new Homatics Box R 4K Plus box is as easy as inserting an SD card, or connecting a USB drive with CoreELEC written in it?
No need to unlock the bootloader, or something like that?

1 Like

No, Use a fast usb drive and you are done

1 Like

And we use the generic image sc2_s905x4_4g_1gbit, right?

Yes, with Homatics dtb

I think I just solve it.

[   10.627094@2]  meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: PHY [0.0:02] driver [Intel XWAY PHY11G (PEF 7071/PEF 7072) v1.5 / v1.6]
[   15.744140@2]  meson8b-dwmac fdc00000.ethernet eth0: Link is Up - 1Gbps/Full - flow control rx/tx
[   15.744180@2]  IPv6: ADDRCONF(NETDEV_CHANGE): eth0: link becomes ready
2 Likes