Homatics Box R 4K Plus

it’s not on their website no, it was sent directly to me. i guess i don’t understand, why can you not make a special image for the homantics box with the updated dovi files when fixed?

WHY do you guys keep linking this post? my question is not asked nor answered in there

Then you did not read it completely or not carefully enough. We link to this post so we don’t need to type again and again the same answers.

Nothing is needed because this will not be supported.

To use eMMC for storage you can use instructions from this post: eMMC for storage

I think you misinterpret the sentence

“internal install” refers to Recovery of Android to eMMC, not to CE installation to eMMC.

@Portisch Maybe you can rework this sentence, to make it more precise? Replace “after” by “with”?

I have installed the CE21-nightly on my DuneHD Homatics box, but have some questions about the remote control.

I have now paired the bluetooth remote and it is working. Over night I usually shutdown the box completely and switch off the power supply. Switching it on again, the pairing with the remote control is lost and I need to connect the USB keyboard and do a pairing again. Is there a way around this?

Is this box also IR remote control capable, I think I have read it once, but am not sure and don’t found it anymore? If yes, I have a Logitech harmony remote 300 and would like to use it for this device, too. But how to start?

Just hold back and home for 3 seconds to reconnect

You don’t “want” to understand.

Simple answer : not possible, in this box.

The CE team not want to make trouble.

1 Like

Thanks, this helps for now, I do not need the usb keyboard anymore :-). Maybe I find a way to remote control it over IR and my harmony…

Thanks @Portisch, but to know first, the device is actually capable to be IR remote controlled?

Yes only Dune box is capable of IR(Homatics, RockTek and Nokia are not)

Thank you @anuvel, than I am lucky to have choosen the Dune one :slight_smile:

Nokia 8010 also accepts IR.

One wonders why they don’t just put that on there specifications page?

How did you confirm this?

Nokia 8010 has a USB-C (5 V, max. 1 A) connector!

Edit: that is the DVB-Tuner port. It can deliver 5V output.

What kind of Skin is that?

That is the Dune app running on the Dune box.