Odroid N2 test builds

what do you mean exactly with CEC does not work with n2 but with your TV/AVR?
Do you mean: the n2 does not wake up but if you reboot it, you can control it?
If so, change the input on your AVR to something else and then back and see if that wakes up the n2 - have the same problem

i also have now this annoying 60 seconds message with the dtb and i found some info that i should do a cat on /proc/device-tree/somefileicantremember - but that file did not exist.

You need to replace the DTB with an updated one due to a refactor we have made about a week ago.
See this post for instructions.

I’m using the stable release so when 9.0.4 comes out will we need to manually update DTB the image then? Do you think you could add a couple lines of text to the 60 second wait screen with the commands to replace the DTB so I don’t have to go looking for the procedure when it happens?

thanks, that worked like a charm!

mount -o rw,remount /flash
cp /usr/share/bootloader/device_trees/g12b_s922x_odroid_n2.dtb /flash/dtb.img
reboot

No, it did not work at all. I had to change input sources on the TV as well to make it recognize it.

Anyway, just did a clean install of the stable build taking the chance to move the library to an external mysql database. Now it works straight away…

Thanks!

/Xtract

Hi,
Is there a developer who knows the subject of audio codecs to enlighten me on this issue?

No LPCM support in 4.9 so this niche format will not work.

Has there been any word from HK regarding the LPCM status?

No because audio platform is completely different, it’s not possible to use the 3.14 code, @afl1 did some work on it but it still doesn’t work.

what is blocking? The hardware or software ?

Auro3D is an object based codec that needs HDMI Passthrough for decoding by an AVR with Auro Decoder. Its possible ffmpeg (used in Kodi) is not recognising this codec. There’s mention of it being flagged as DTS-HDMA on the Kodi forum.

1 Like

Hello everybody,
I’ve set up the ext4 partition using tune2fs -c 1 to scan it at every boot. It lasts around 5 seconds and you can minimize the likelyhood of getting corrupted data.
However (I suspect) due to this, after recent updates to nightly builds I’m getting a 120s countdown that the filesystem is corrupted and automatic fix will commence.
This is annoying and I would like to remove it. Do you know where is this implemented ?

Thanks,
what would it take for ffmpeg to recognize the Auro3D codec ?

Raise a support ticket with ffmpeg and provide a small sample file with an Auro3D codec track.

I only have one release with Auro from 2015 but I can’t find the disc. All my discs are packed in my garage after a recent house move. I had a quick look but some of the boxes are on a top shelf out of easy reach.

1 Like

https://www.makemkv.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=14739

I have finally got around to testing the fix that was implemented for vizio tvs not being able to switch to 4k (only resulting in black screen).

The original test build is no longer available for download.

Is there anyway this “fix” can be pushed into a new test build? Alternately can the original test build be reposted?

Thanks guys!

3 months later? The experimental code is long gone.

I do apologize , any way to retrieve / recreate this code in the future?

It would be most appreciated! Everything else has been working perfectly.

I assumed it wouldnt be taken down this whole time as its only a few months old, which is unfortunate.

I will see if I can find a copy of the file if I ever downloaded it. Does anybody else here have a copy by chance? @stillmatic

Thanks again

I’ve got a question regarding “power on USB-Keypress”.
I’ve got small wireless remote keyboards for all my N2s; they are connected via USB-Dongle.
So do you think there is any possibility to power on the N2s via keypress (would require USB ports being powered all the time)? <- my NUC supports that …
Thanks in advance!!

Two threads:

and:

This worked for my Minix A2 Lite remote