Dolby Vision for Minix U22X-J (Max) and Ugoos AM6+

Applying bl301 fixes would require disabling secure boot and bootloader encryption, which is different than bootloader unlocking (disabling boot image signature verification). The bootloader is already unlocked on any NG device booting CE.

Boot_verity and boot_encrypt are controlled by the AML security efuses. Once those options are enabled there’s no turning them off. If Amlogic did have a backdoor to doing this, I’d love to know.

Since I am noob and don’t know what to specifically ask Ugoos for, if someone from the CoreELEC team could write out an e-mail containing the info we are requesting then we could all write to “james” at Ugoos… just a thought. Am sure most of us would take the 30 seconds to fire off that e-mail :slight_smile:

CE team is already in contact with Ugoos for long time.

Ah, so it seems then they don’t want to provide what you are asking for after “a long time” :frowning:

Very wrong: they can’t provide something they don’t have.

I am not wrong… OmgA is wrong then if Ugoos can’t provide any assistance to your endeavor :slight_smile:

Has the CoreELEC Team got back to you about this issue. I recently purchased a new HDMI 2.1 cable but issue is still there. HDMI cable is connected directly to LG C2.

I’ve figured out that the box is still on but the HDMI loses signal though. I don’t know what buttons I pressed on remote as I had to press on random buttons as nothing was happening so I’m not sure how it bought back up the live tv stream that I was playing on the Ugoos but as soon it appears again I accidentally pressed the power button quickly on remote as the other buttons were doing nothing and this cause the box to restart. Glad I don’t have to pull out the power cable and just use the remote to reboot when it happens but it’s kinda annoying when it does lose HDMi signal.

With the original Ugoos remote why are there two power buttons on there and what are the differences between the 2 power buttons on remote?

One to turn on/off box, one to turn on/off TV

You can map buttons to anything via the remote.conf so technically you could set one to suspend instead of shutoff, etc.

Is there a guide on how to remap the power buttons on the remote using remote.conf? Might use the the right power button to suspend so it doesn’t restart the box with the power button on the left.

This is a starting point, and you maybe able to copy/paste their entire config:

Some info on how to do so:

This should get you what you want. If you want to further customize your remote, links below:

Default keymap for UR-01:

Walkthrough:
https://wiki.coreelec.org/remote:rr_walkthrough

List of event codes:

Learning mode for UR-01 to shut off TV:

3 Likes

Got the config working now. Had the custom_end in the wrong place.

What the difference between KEY_POWER (116/SC System Power Down) and KEY_SLEEP (142/SC System Sleep) ?

I have KEY_SLEEP setup but it feels like KEY_POWER as it shut downs the device and not put the device to sleep as when I press the KEY_WAKEUP button it boots back up the Amoligic Logo

Hello.

I finally bought a new Philips OLED 818 TV. I have had Ugoos for a long time and it has already been nicely configured. Now I finally had the opportunity to watch Dolby Vision. I tested for a few days and DV in mkv worked, but not in BD.iso. I uploaded the latest beta to check, but after uploading it, DV stopped working completely. I only get HDR on TV. I re-uploaded the stable version but it doesn’t work either. I also overwrote dovi.ko again but it didn’t help. I currently have today’s beta version loaded. I don’t know if I set something wrong or something went wrong after uploading the beta?
This is my kodi.log
kodi.log (826.0 KB)

I have another question about the auto refresh rate. When I enable this option in coreelec, I have no signal on the TV. Why is this happening?

This Philips series has a known issue where the configuration of the HDMI port sometimes is “forgotten”.

Try toggling the HDMI port configuration back and forth and then check in CE under System Information → Video if DV still shows as supported.

Also, a new firmware version 101.x.x.x has just been released a few days ago. Not sure yet if it fixes the HDMI issue, but it’s worth a try.

Tomorrow I will test what you wrote to me.

I have another problem. However, I guess this cannot be fixed because I had the same problem on different Kodi boxes. I have Ugoos connected to a Denon AVC 3800 receiver. From time to time it happens that when I stop the movie (stop), I have no sound from the Kodi interface. It’s similar the other way around. Sometimes I have no sound in the video. I then have to stop the video and start it again. Is there any recipe for this? I’m not providing logs because I know it happens to me on different mailboxes, so it’s a global problem.

So what about the function of matching frames to the video? When I enable this option, I get no signal after starting the movie. The TV tells me to check the HDMI cable. I tested it on different HDMI 2.1 cables and the problem persists. Currently I have an HDMI 2.1 Fiber optic cable which was not cheap, so I think it should be ok, but I also tested it with a regular copper one and there was also a problem.

Do your problems exist if you connect your box(es) directly to TV and run audio output from TV ARC to Denon?

Thanks to your answer, I managed to turn on Dolby Vision. Reconfiguring the HDMI port on the TV helped.

I did a little test regarding the disappearing sound. I connected Ogoos directly to the TV. There was always sound. Only once, for no reason, after stopping the video in the Kodi menu navigation, the sound became very loud, but there was no situation with no sound. So the problem seems to be with sound synchronization between Ugoos and Denon. I usually listen to sound in TrueHD or DTS-HD format. I will test whether the problem occurs in Dolby Digital.

As for the suggestion to connect the Ugoos to the TV and send the Earc sound to the Denon through the return channel, I can perform such a test, but because I usually listen to HD Audio, this option is out of the question for a long time. The TV is unable to send HD Audio through the return channel.

hi al

tried to play this movie back on my 1080p tv and its all dark as ita a 4k movie how do you get 4k hdr movies to play correctly in coreelec on 1080p tvs

thanks

## Video
*ID :* 1
*Format :* HEVC
*Format/Info :* High Efficiency Video Coding
*Format profile :* Main 10@L5.1@High
*HDR format :* SMPTE ST 2086, HDR10 compatible
*Codec ID :* V_MPEGH/ISO/HEVC
*Duration :* 1 h 53 min
*Bit rate :* 56.4 Mb/s
*Width :* 3 840 pixels
*Height :* 2 160 pixels
*Display aspect ratio :* 16:9
*Frame rate mode :* Constant
*Frame rate :* 23.976 (24000/1001) FPS
*Color space :* YUV
*Chroma subsampling :* 4:2:0 (Type 2)
*Bit depth :* 10 bits
*Bits/(Pixel*Frame) :* 0.284
*Time code of first frame :* 00:59:58:23
*Stream size :* 44.5 GiB (93%)
*Title :* Twister (1996) (2160p HDR10 Blu-ray)
*Writing library :* ATEME Titan File 3.9.7 (4.9.7.0)
*Language :* English
*Default :* No
*Forced :* No
*Color range :* Limited
*Color primaries :* BT.2020
*Transfer characteristics :* PQ
*Matrix coefficients :* BT.2020 non-constant
*Mastering display color primaries :* Display P3
*Mastering display luminance :* min: 0.0001 cd/m2, max: 1000 cd/m2
*Maximum Content Light Level :* 995 cd/m2
*Maximum Frame-Average Light Level :* 693 cd/m2

as of the Jul18 nightly, CE does not support any sort of meaningful conversion of HDR to SDR, even if you enable SDR conversion in the CE settings and reboot. I posted about that here: Ugoos AM6B+ no HDR to SDR conversion

The subsequent posts in that thread link to the custom VS10 build of CE, which has excellent SDR conversion.

Mmm thanks hopefully this will get added into the next final release as now that I am getting more 4K material that needs to work on a 1080p tv would be very important as only having one 4K tv and 2 1080p tvs would make this a excellent player if fixed or added.

As it’s impossible to have both 4K and 1080p rips on the server because of space.

similar to you not all my TVs are 4K HDR. So I use the Ugoos where I can take advantage of DV, I have the Vero V in use on a 1080 display (the SDR conversion is solid), I also have a Shield on a 1080 TV, its SDR conversion is mostly ok but sometimes is hopelessly over bright (e.g. Despicable Me). But the Shield is abandonware as far as nVidia are concerned.

I maintain a lot of my library in HDR and SDR, it’s expensive in disc space, but ripping UHDs is going to burn up a lot of disc space so I size my primary NAS accordingly, there is then a backup NAS with all content cloned, then various drives for deep archive storage.

If you really need to use the Ugoos on an SDR display I strongly recommend checking out the custom VS10 CE build, it’s excelllent.